Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Live from the Mini-Gourmet, with cake!

The Mini-Gourmet is a local non-chain 24-hour restaurant that I absolutely love. I learned about it when a guy took me here on half-of-a-date (maybe the closest thing to just a regular date I've ever been on). It was a half-of-a-date because during the meal, a friend of his called from San Fransisco and wanted to get picked up. I declined to join on the trip, probably because I had homework or something. We then did not meet again (he was a nice guy, but I wasn't especially struck by him).

Anyway, anybody I've ever brought here has loved it. It's great for a group of friends or for just spending an evening doing homework (or thinking about doing homework, like now!) I have with me now some delicious confection in cake form, although I have no idea what it actually is. I heard the waiter describing to some women behind me some dessert that was recently added to the menu and was a huge seller. Whatever it is, it's fruity cheesecakey and delicious.

So today I slept an hour late and missed Spanish because of it. I'm sure I missed nothing vital. I'll do some work before heading to bed tonight, because it's pretty easy to assume what we did in class, and I can learn the basics of it myself. I also got the paper back graded for real from English. I got a B-, which is less good, but he also wrote that it was the highest grade in the class, so I guess that's alright. xD (he gave us all As on the assignment, and the grade on the paper was just an indication about how he feels about our writing right now).

I've been thinking about Andy. Not going to lie about that. I'm also not going to go into tremendous detail, because it's a lot of random fragmented half-formed notions that I could spew all night but it would really give you any more information than that I've been thinking about him. So yes.

My dad, who has had profound hearing loss that's just been getting worse as long as I've known him (that's birth) ) had a cochlear implant the other day. In a few weeks he gets the external portion, and then between three months and two years later, he'll reap the full benefit of it, whatever that may be. Hopefully it's all good. The surgery was fine, and he's doing well so far.

I'm sure there was something else I thought was worth sticking up here, but nothing's coming to mind, so I'll call it quits for now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment