Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!


Okay, so Easter was yesterday, but it seems to be a theme that when I do something with Andy, a blog falls away. I thought my day was worth mentioning on its own, though, and independently of today, so I'll go ahead and do two separate posts.

I had plans to go brunch with my grandparents, along with Bri and Susan. I was picked up around 10:30ish. As per plans made the night before, I told Andy I would let him know what Easter-day plans were, as I had told him he could join in. Brunch was nice (fruit, bacon, eggs, doughnuts and a mountain of jelly beans), and lasted until 1:30-2:00ish. At that point I called Andy a few times, to let him know that we planned to hike. However, when I did finally get a hold of him, Easter plans had been devised by his family, so he went on his way to address those. The rest of us went up the hill (there's a hill called "the hill." I don't know which hill it is) and began hiking.

The hike was fantastic. It began on these sloping hills where everything was very foggy. As we continued on our way, we elected to visit on of the trails that would take us through an oak grove. We ended up sort of lost, though, and we ended up on a totally different path, walking way on top of a hill. It was mostly foggy, but where it was broken, there was an awesome view of everything around. Eventually we did find the oak grove, and it was quiet and mystical and covered in moss and generally awesome. Finally we returned on our way, and it decided then to be sunny, so all the hills were painted all these lovely greens. I swear, the entire time I felt like I was in any of several Miyazaki films.


After the hike, we dropped by Los Gatos to get dinner at this nice place. I got chicken alfredo penne. It was delicious. I began chatting with Andy before dinner began, catching up on how our days had gone. It would have been nice to have seen him, but really: we have a date on Thursday. I can wait a little while, right?


Wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment