Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A day with some stuff in it rolls around...

...and I just don't feel like posting.

Whatever. I'll do it.

So first item is that when I got on the bus this morning, Girl was there again. There was only standing room, so...well, I stood. I caught eyes with her and smiled and nodded in greeting, perhaps Bieberesquely (forgive me). Then this woman got on and was preaching to the whole bus about positive energy about how we all should be smiling and letting it all out because that's the way to do it, something something. Depending on my mood, I'd either have scoffed at her or smiled with her. Today I was smiling. She was behind me until she got off the bus, but when she did, she caught sight of my reaction, and I gave her a wink and she praised me for the rare show of human interaction the way she felt it should be. Then she departed and Girl and I shared a smile. I should probably not flirt with Girl, just for too many reasons.

In Spanish, everything went dashingly. I hadn't really missed anything yesterday I couldn't teach myself on the bus. At the end of class, I heard a conversation between Ben and Ika (Ikka? Eka? No idea), a guy from Singapore and a half-Japanese, half-Chinese girl from Tokyo. They discussed their academic futures, and international airfare in English in a Spanish class. That made me smile.

English was as satisfying as it has been. The only thing worth noting is that the teacher graded a paper I had that wasn't mine. I went to visit somebody a month or so ago, and he gave me a sheet of paper with a guest passcode to his school's Internet. It was printed on the back of an old paper he had written, which was now stuck in the back of my file folder, which is only semi-opaque, so when I walked in and the professor spotted a paragraph through the milky white plastic, he asked to grade it. He wasn't especially satisfied. Earlier tonight I reported that to the author. He wasn't especially bothered.

Then I headed home and wasted my life for a few hours until it was time for Karate (oh, also I woke up without power this morning thanks to the meddling men on the power lines). On the way home, a guy on the phone said the following things:

"Hey, when Steve was free and used to sell knives, where was that at?"
"Because I have a hundred dollar knife I want to sell for forty dollars."
"Because I was in jail for a second."
"Because of Steve, that motherfucker!"

Anyway, I went back to school and did karate. We learned the basic kick today, which means I can now block, punch, kick and stand poorly. Excellent. I missed a bus home that was literally seven feet from me when it departed because I went and got a drink of water. I should locate a more convenient water fountain.

Anyway, so I came home to an empty house, and still nobody's around. No clue where they are. I've been wasting my life some more. I'm probably going to curl up in bed soon. I probably forgot to mention a bunch of stuff. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment