Saturday, August 13, 2011

A wild Gazelle appears!


So today was my first day in Portland in years. I woke up very confused. I was having a dream involving Mr. Burns and Smithers, and a train falling through a trap door over a vine-covered wall, and me and some people crashing a wedding rehearsal, or possible a baby shower. Then there came a knocking, and I was just really confused, because I found myself a: on a very large, very comfortable surface; b: I was in total darkness; c: there was a knocking in the distance. Those things don't usually happen to me right after I wake up, especially not in conjunction. I trusted I was probably safe, though, and waited for something in my environment to explain itself to me. My mother going and telling housekeeping that we were all asleep, and I remembered.

The whole room was up and about shortly thereafter, and we headed down to breakfast, where we encountered several relatives. After hanging out for a while, my mother, father and I headed to Gazelle, which is a natural fiber clothing store my aunt (mother of the bride tomorrow) owns. My mother had the idea we should shop for our wedding clothes there, so we did. They have a limited mens' section, and even less in my size, but I found two shirts I'll be wearing together tomorrow, one of which, this corduroy button-up shirt, I might start wearing around just generally, 'cause it's pretty tight. I then spent a lot of time being my mother's shopping buddy, which turned out to be sort of fun.


Want to know a secret? I'm (as I will occasionally be) interested in reimaging, at least a little. I think I might try to take more of an interest in shopping, and appearance in general. We'll see how that goes.

After we left Gazelle, we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house, where the wedding will be held in the garden.


This shit if for serious, yo.


While there, my cousins and I devised Disaster Island Corporation, Extreme, which sounded like a fun business to own, and which one cousin then realized abbreviates to D.I.C.E., which just made it all the more awesome. I decided it should be a really classy American fare restaurant.

Then we helped do some miscellaneous setup and then stuck around for the rehearsal dinner, before finally heading back to the hotel, where I am now, hanging out with my two cousins and my aunt from California, one of whom I won't get to see again for a long time. Two of us are on computers, and two on portable gaming devices. It's really intense silent bonding.

So tomorrow the wedding will happen, and then I'll make my way north. I'm sure we'll talk soon, my dearest, loyal, very invested reader(s? Probably not plural). Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment