Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So this totally just happened

I'll let it speak for itself.

[censored for privacy]

[Guy] is mobile 1:11 am
Online: 8d 23h 47m
[Merrill] 1:12 am Hello.
[Guy] is mobile 1:13 am
[Guy] 1:13 am Hi. Who is this?
[Merrill] 1:14 am Strange and possibly awkward story. We met once, online, somewhere, and you've been on a (old) buddy list of mine for years.
[Guy] 1:15 am Oh yeah? What is your name?
[Merrill] 1:15 am We never really talked. I saw you online, and thought I'd say hi, in case you'd care to chat.
[Guy] 1:16 am What is your name? How did we meet?
[Merrill] 1:16 am I'm Merrill. I feel as though you may have messaged me on MySpace about two years ago, if that makes any sense.
[Guy] 1:17 am Hmm, I don't think so. I haven't been on myspace in like 5 years...
[Merrill] 1:17 am Heh, you and the world. Well then, perhaps it was elsewhere. I believe you had recently moved to Hagerstown, or something. Or I could be mixing up details all over the place. Sorry if that's the case.
[Guy] 1:19 am Hmm, I still don't think I know who you are...
[Merrill] 1:19 am That doesn't surprise me. We didn't really talk. It was like, "hey there, we should talk sometime," but then that didn't happen So feel free to send me off, I won't be offended. I thought thought saying hello could be interesting.
[Guy] 1:21 am Yeah, I still have no idea who you are... Sorry!
[Merrill] 1:22 am Really: this is basically me saying, "hi, we met on the street once and I've had your number for ages but never called."
[Guy] 1:22 am Hahaha
[Merrill] 1:23 am So I'm really not worried about you remembering me. Honestly, I don't even remember your name. I know you are (were?) a DJ. And were sort of sweet, and I listened to you online once...once. That's about all.
[Guy] 1:24 am Hahaha! Uhm, nope! You must have me confused with someone else.
[Merrill] 1:24 am That's very baffling, especially since the screen name I'm IMing is totally suggestive of Deejaying. This is weird. Well, alright then. Have a nice life.
[Guy] 1:26 am What does it say my IM is?
[Merrill] 1:26 am dj[something] But you're mobile. Perhaps the screen name is still associated with a number that's changed hands.
[Guy] 1:26 am Whoa. That's not even my screen name. I'm super confused! Yeah
[Merrill] 1:27 am Well now you know.
[Guy] 1:27 am Yeah, I don't know why it says that

No comments:

Post a Comment