Friday, September 23, 2011

The final few days

School begins on Monday. Wooboy.

So I went with my mother down to Monterey and then up near Santa Rosa to visit with family and friends, as well as to check out a couple of schools. I ended up falling in love with Cal State Monterey Bay, and I'm applying there (applications open in like a week). Hopefully I can get in.

Twice I've been to the theater in the last week. While up north, we went to an annual production called Tapas, which is a series of new short plays by local playwrights. They were pretty good. Then, just a couple nights ago, I went to see Spring Awakening at the San Jose Rep. It's my favorite show, and they did a brilliant job with it. I was tearing up during most of the numbers, just because I was so excited to be there. Heh.

That show, and the dinner before it, was a gift to me from my great aunt and uncle for my birthday which you all missed last week. Assholes.

No, my birthday is actually two weeks from Monday. I've thrown around some ideas for what I'd like to do, but no solid plans yet. It'll turn out to be something badass, naturally.

Other than that, not a lot has been going on. I've been spending way too much time with Donald and Kyle (and Naamah and Marina). I'm cool like that. I've been trying to fix my sleep a little so I can get to class on time in a few days. I think I'll survive.

Heavy Rain is a beautiful fucking game.

1 comment:

  1. I was about to tell you that you really must be getting old and senile if you've forgotten your birthday isn't until the TREES ARE PURPLE, Merrill. Then you diffused all my rage with the next paragraph. Go you.

    Why are you looking at yet another school?!?

    ReplyDelete